Our mission is to provide a biblical worldview education for each student that integrates academic excellence aimed at character growth and a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
1. The Holy Bible, the Word of God, is the only standard from which we derive our values and is taught as truth.
2. All employees, board members, and support organization leaders must be born again Christians who accept and support the Grande Ronde Academy doctrinal and philosophical statements.
3. All employees, board members, and support organization leaders must seek to role model in attitude, speech, and actions a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
4. All students will be given the opportunity to receive Jesus Christ as Savior, and will be encouraged to devote their lives to Him.
5. We attempt to instill biblical morals and a biblical worldview in each student and equip them to better serve their local church and community.
6. We will strive to use biblically-based curriculum in every class when possible; others may be used when not in conflict with core values.
7. We will teach the young earth creation model outlined in Genesis chapters 1 through 11.
8. We will maintain an academic program that promotes scholastic excellence.
9. Through a consistent discipline program we strive to maintain a safe learning environment where the value and respect of the individual is upheld.
Statement of Faith
1. In the Bible as the inspired and infallible Word of God. (II Timothy 3:15-17)
2. In one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, Mark 12:29)
3. In the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:1).
4. In Salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ. (1 John 5:10, Romans 10:13-15)
5. In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit who enables a believer to live a holy life acceptable to God. (Hebrews 12:12-14, 1 Peter 1:15-16)
6. In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12-13, Galatians 3:26-28)
7. In world evangelization and missionary work in accordance with the Great Commission. (Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:15)
Statement on Marriage, Gender and Sexuality
We believe that God wonderfully and immutable creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.) We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God. (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10.)
We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Grande Ronde Academy as a Christian school and to provide a biblical role model to the Grande Ronde Academy families and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by Grande Ronde Academy in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender and Sexuality. (Matt 5:16; Phil 2:14-16; 1 Thess 5:22.)
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.)
We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the “Statement of Faith” of Grande Ronde Academy.